FIRST Implementation Specialist Certification
Special Offer! Sign up for Level I by Dec. 31 and receive a complimentary copy of FIRST 5.0 (a $99 value)!
Get the deal here
This certification is designed for non-production personnel, including supervisors and managers, as well as suppliers of flexographic products and services. After successfully completing this 3-level program, students will have a solid understanding of FIRST (Flexographic Image Reproduction Specifications & Tolerances), and how to communicate both internally and externally to assure ongoing workflow compliance. Specifically, students will learn how to:
- Achieve optimal results for consistency & color/tone accuracy
- Cultivate a culture of communication among internal/external team members
- Develop internal workflow teams to establish ownership of the FIRST process
- Orchestrate the functions of the package/product development team
- Enhance & optimize workflow productivity
- Perform print evaluations & compose documentation procedures
- Ensure each element within the workflow complies with FIRST methodology
Level I: 6 weeks, self-paced – sign up online
Level II: 12 weeks, self-paced – sign up online
Level III: 12 weeks, self-paced – sign up online
FIRST supports the methodical approach to process control, optimization, fingerprinting, characterization and process improvement as outlined in CGATS TR 012-2003 (Graphic Technology – Color Reproduction and Process Control for Packaging Printing). While each organization may use its own workflow based upon its specific needs, there are certain fundamentals universal to the flexographic printing process. With a firm understanding and application of the FIRST methodology, flexographers can: identify potentially troublesome issues, benchmark press performance, utilize statistical analysis to maintain optimal conditions, perform accurate device calibrations, identify improvement opportunities and preserve stable conditions for repeatable results –all with the end result of satisfactorily reproducing the graphic design.