A FIRST Company Certification represents the pinnacle of achievement that a plant can attain. It is focused on printing locations that have provided the individual certification programs for its employees, but takes it one step further by applying the practices through compliance with FIRST methodology.
Hear two FIRST Certified companies discuss the process, how they’ve benefited and what employees had to say about the experience:
- Exceptional print quality
- Uncompromised color fidelity
- Consistency and repeatability
- Optimized workflows
- Increased and sustained customer satisfaction
- 40 percent of pressroom staff must be FIRST Press Operator Certified
- 40 percent of prepress staff must be FIRST Prepress Operator Certified
- 40 percent of management/non-production staff must be FIRST Implementation Specialist Certified
FIRST Company Certification is valid for a three-year period provided the company:
- Complies with required on-site audit criteria
- Maintains the required number of certified staff
- Complies with the FIRST workflow methodology through adhering to the ongoing data submission requirements
FTA Member Pricing
- FIRST Certification Application Processing: $595.00 (non-refundable)
- Initial FTA FIRST On-site Audit and Review: $2,995.00 (Plus T&E)
- Preparation of Corrective Action Report: $150.00
- FTA FIRST Company Certification Renewal Fee (every three years): $595.00
- FIRST Certification Application Processing: $1,190.00 (non-refundable)
- Initial FTA FIRST On-site Audit and Review: $5,990.00 (Plus T&E)
- Preparation of Corrective Action Report $300.00
- FTA FIRST Company Certification Renewal Fee (every three years): $1,190.00
Maintaining FIRST Company Certification
To sustain a certification for the three-year duration, a company must verify its ongoing commitment to workflow compliance through the weekly uploading of workflow data to an FTA designated portal. The purpose of this is to ensure the business is maintaining its FIRST recommended workflow compliance throughout its tenure as a FIRST Certified entity.
Renewing FIRST Company Certification
FTA will notify a company six months in advance of its FIRST Company Certification expiration date. It is the responsibility of the company seeking recertification to submit the renewal application form in enough time to allow for FTA to process and plan for an on-site audit prior to the expiration date. The process for renewing the FIRST Company Certification is identical to the initial certification process.
Please download the following PDF document.
You will need Adobe Reader to view and print the file.