The purpose of the FIRST Company Certification Program is to recognize flexographic printing companies that are applying FIRST methodology and have attained compliance with the specifications and tolerances related to Communication and Implementation, Design, Prepress and Press as detailed in the most current Flexographic Image Reproduction Specifications & Tolerances (FIRST) document.
FIRST Company Certification is valid for a three-year period provided the company:
- Complies with required on-site audit criteria.
- Maintains the required number of certified staff.
- Complies with the FIRST workflow methodology through adhering to the ongoing data submission requirements.
FOR COMPLETE DETAILS DOWNLOAD THE POLICIES DOCUMENT BELOW
In order for a company to be eligible for FIRST Company Certification, the following criteria must be met:
- 40 percent of Pressroom Staff must be FIRST Press Operator Certified
- 40 percent of Prepress Staff must be FIRST Prepress Operator Certified
- 40 percent of Management/Production Staff must be FIRST Implementation Specialist Certified
- FIRST Workflow Compliance
- Workflow Mapping
- Device/Equipment Calibration Schedule/Manufacturer’s Recommended Operating Parameters (MROP) Documentation
- Workflow Tagging
- Tonal Value Aim Points
FTA Member Pricing
- FIRST Certification Application Processing: $595.00 (non-refundable)
- Initial FTA FIRST On-site Audit and Review: $2,995.00 (Plus T&E)
- Preparation of Corrective Action Report: $150.00
- FTA FIRST Company Certification Renewal Fee (every three years): $595.00
- FIRST Certification Application Processing: $1,190.00 (non-refundable)
- Initial FTA FIRST On-site Audit and Review: $5,990.00 (Plus T&E)
- Preparation of Corrective Action Report $300.00
- FTA FIRST Company Certification Renewal Fee (every three years): $1,190.00
Maintaining FIRST Company Certification
To sustain a certification for the three-year duration, a company must verify its ongoing commitment to workflow compliance through the weekly uploading of workflow data to an FTA designated portal. The purpose of this is to ensure the business is maintaining its FIRST recommended workflow compliance throughout its tenure as a FIRST certified entity.
Renewing FIRST Company Certification
FTA will notify a company six months in advance of its FIRST Company Certification expiration date. It is the responsibility of the company seeking recertification to submit the renewal application form in enough time to allow for FTA to process and plan for an on-site audit prior to the expiration date. The process for renewing the FIRST Company Certification is identical to the initial certification process.
Please download the following PDF document.
You will need Adobe Reader to view and print the file.